November 03, 2015

I'm The Best Player In The World - Cristiano Ronaldo




Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t believe trophies have any
impact in deciding who’s the best player in the
world, proclaiming he’s better than Barcelona
superstar and Ballon d’Or rival Lionel Messi.


Real Madrid’s all-time leading goalscorer spoke to
Spanish newspaper El Pais back in August, in an
interview withheld until now to promote his
upcoming documentary. Jesus Balseiro of AS
translated his views on Messi’s success:


It doesn’t bother me. If you look back over my
past eight years, I’ve always been at the peak;
and that is difficult. Name me someone else
who has done it? After that, being No.1 or No.2
is a matter of small details, such as if you win
trophies or not. Perhaps for you, Messi is the
best; in my head, I am the best – and everyone
should think that about ourselves. That is why I
have been able to achieve so much in my
career.

It was hard for me to watch Messi picking up
several Ballon d’Ors. I’d be thinking: “Why
should I go to the gala?”

Barcelona may be thriving as a team, but Ronaldo
has been proving himself with individual accolades
of late. After surpassing Raul as Real Madrid’s top
scorer earlier this term, he’s now honing in on
another goal record.

“I am not the humblest person in the world, I admit
that. I am not fake. But in one way I am very
humble. I like to learn.

I don’t mind people hating me, because it pushes
me. When I go to play away, they are always
against me, but it’s good. You have to see the good
things from the haters. I need the enemy. It is part
of the business. They start screaming when I touch
the ball. It had started already when I was 18 or 19.
It is not a problem for me.”


Messi, on the other hand, is seen as a far more
humble creature, one who prefers to stay out of the
spotlight despite his unparalleled quality on the
pitch.

Recently, a poll of 20 Brasilerao Serie A coaches
were asked if they’d rather sign Messi or Ronaldo
given the chance. Despite Brazil’s historic rivalry
with Argentina, Messi took 75% of the votes.

SHARE THIS

Author:

0 comments:

Be Among The Top 3 Comment Posters That Will Win 3,000NGN Every Month.
Always Drop Your Comment below To Stand A chance. Goodluck